A Bongo Trip (and "Bongones" ) to Greece 2015

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

helen&tony
Supreme Being

A Bongo Trip (and "Bongones" ) to Greece 2015

Post by helen&tony » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:18 am

Hi
Several people have expressed an interest in making a trip to Greece next year . Do we want to make a show of hands, then I can make enquiries? The final campsite I have in mind is a fantastic setting, and I believe it would make a nice holiday...I've only been there in the middle of winter, when they opened the site just for us for one night!!!...
If the Russian Bongo crew can make it, as we had hoped previously, then that would be a bonus...but as things are, we'll only guess!!!
So...If anyone wants to express tentative interest, please do so!
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: A Bongo Trip (and "Bongones" ) to Greece 2015

Post by Bob » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:22 am

Sadly fuel cost an work will prevent us from popping over, but it does sound great.

Let's hope for a good turn out. :D
haybal
Bongolier

Post by haybal » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:51 am

Hi Helen,
we would still be interested in this, maybe go in convoy as was suggested before. The VW lot do the Balljoint Run 3000 each year, 3000 miles round Europe in two weeks different routes each trip (video's on youtube). Be great to get a crowd together for this trip.

Cheers
Barry
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:57 pm

Hi
That's a shame, Bob!...I wonder if some folk would "Share-a-Bongo"...I have a spare Awning, plus a 4-person frame tent...both with inner bedrooms for 4
Barry...
I'm certain that most folks would want to "convoy", and last year Ian said he would make up a spares pack on a "Buy what you use" basis...and everyone could carry something by way of tools!
Let's wait and count hands!
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:54 pm

Thanks Helen

Neither of our jobs are too safe, either, so we're not committing to anything for the foreseeable.

Just a precaution. :wink:
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:20 am

Hi
Sad to hear Re: the jobs, Bob. You read that the UK is doing better in the papers, and employment is on the rise....but I don't usually take much notice of papers...I suppose that it is similar to when we left...lots of foreign workers , and the whole employment scene was agency staff only!
Cheers
Helen
jone_it

Post by jone_it » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:05 am

Hi Helen&Tony, I'm in doubt Russian Bongo will make it as travel costs had changed quite dramatically to them. I myself gave it a bit of thought but decided it's unlikely too (as this summer I'm already planning to make my "half-decade hajj" to our holiday-house in Kyrgyzstan).

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”