fitting terzo ladders

All about modifications, shiny alloys, chrome wheel nuts & mirrors, body skirts and much more!

Moderator: Ian

lancyman
Bongolier

fitting terzo ladders

Post by lancyman » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:58 pm

HI all

I just won some terzo ladders for £25 on ebay.
think they are the mk2 ones.
I have a 97 bongo and was wondering what's
the best way to fit them on the door?
Any advice welcome.

Cheers.
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Re: fitting terzo ladders

Post by Simon Jones » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:03 pm

Mk2 ladders will fit on mk1 Bongos. Not quite as sturdy as the correct type that bolts to the tailgate. If you have a spoiler, you'll need to loosen it to get the top bracket in place. Does it come with the pair of brackets to spread the load at the bottom? The ladder can be fitted without them as I've done on mine:

Have you got a link to the auction? I can't see any completed listings for that sort of price range?

EDIT: ok I think I've found it: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Terzo-Rear-Do ... 7675.l2557

You may struggle to get it to fit as its designed to fit a Granvia. One definate issue will be that it's on the wrong side so will clash with the reversing mirror mounting. The other possible issue is that if the Granvia tailgate is more that a few cms different in height them there isn't enough slack to adjust the clamps to the correct height. It's also a different shape as the curve on the tubing is a lot larger than the correct Bongo ladders. I'm sure it can be made to fit but it may not be quite as simple as originally expected.
lancyman
Bongolier

Post by lancyman » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:24 pm

Hi Simon

I got lucky with the auction
As it was a collection only.
my parents live close by.
think £25 was a deal compared
To others I have seen.

Looking at your photo. That's
The setup I'm going for. I
have a box and bars already.
Either way the ladder looks cool.
lancyman
Bongolier

Post by lancyman » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:30 pm

Yes Simon that's the ones I won
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:04 pm

For £25 it's certainly worth a punt. If it doesn't fit, there's probably GranviaFury website somewhere to find a new home for it :).
lancyman
Bongolier

Post by lancyman » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:17 pm

Well I've just tried to fit the ladder to my van. I took the top fairing off no problem and hoowed the plate round the top of the door. All good. However, the bottom clamp and hook part sits on the bumper. I pushed it up under thedoor but this moves the top hooks. Is it possible to adjust the settings on the top clamp? Do I just have the wrong ladder for a bongo, and it's too long?

Thanks in advance.
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:51 pm

There are (typically) a couple of spring loaded bolts at the top that allow the length to be shortened so it clamps tightly to the tailgate however the ladder you have bought is intended for a Granvia so it's unlikely to be the same dimensions as the Bongo :(

You could try cutting a bit off the top of the tubes and drilling new holes to refit the top brackets.

NOTE: this picture is of the ladder that mounts on the handle fixing points (pre facelift) so does not have the springs that the clamp on version uses.

lancyman
Bongolier

Post by lancyman » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:51 am

Hi Simon

Mine looks the Same as that, except it doesn't have the spring bolts on the side. The ladder was ftom eBay and was on a gravid so I'm not sure if it was for one of those specifically. I may look into cutting it down. I only paid £25 for it so not that bothered.

Return to “Pimp My Bongo”