Popaloo-Portable Camping Toilet

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

Jim the Box
Tribal Elder

Re: Popaloo-Portable Camping Toilet

Post by Jim the Box » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:32 pm

Check out "bog in a Bag" at amazon, same as a tripod seat only with a centre hole, takes up no room at all in the bongo, but better than nothing for those little emergencies.
"Today's rain is tomorrow's Whisky"
Mrs Muppet
Bongonaut

Post by Mrs Muppet » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:18 pm

We used the Bog In A Bag for a while. Works well and certainly takes up little space. It is expensive though with each bag costing about 75p. Only really works for a single use. Tried using bin liners and wood shavings/cat littler but whilst OK this was not as good.

Our preferred method now is a 19litre Really Useful Box lined with 2 black bin liners and with some cat litter (or we use Easibed which is an absorbent shaving type material we also use in our chicken house). We fit this under our R&R bed and it works brilliantly. Lift wooden panels under seat and use it in situ. Out of the way but not too difficult to access. Can be lifted out and put at end of R&R bed at night. Tip in more Easi bed after using. Even after a couple of days it is quite sanitary. Best method for us as all the Porta loo/Porta Potti/Luggable Loo options were just to big to hide away.

Hope this helps :-)
bongobaz
Tribal Elder

Post by bongobaz » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:25 pm

I carry a lugaloo as camping seat and beer carrier it also stores my hurricane lamps and parrafin when travelling.
Not had to use it yet for its proper purpose.
I have a whey protein tub 4ltr with good wide screw top for overnight convenience.
Always be ready for a Top Up!
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:58 pm

bongobaz wrote:I carry a lugaloo as camping seat and beer carrier it also stores my hurricane lamps and parrafin when travelling.
Not had to use it yet for its proper purpose.
I have a whey protein tub 4ltr with good wide screw top for overnight convenience.
But does your Bum fit on it Baz ?? :oops:

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
Jim the Box
Tribal Elder

Post by Jim the Box » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:36 am

[quote="Mrs Muppet"]We used the Bog In A Bag for a while. Works well and certainly takes up little space. It is expensive though with each bag costing about 75p. Only really works for a single use. Tried using bin liners and wood shavings/cat littler but whilst OK this was not as good.

Quote jim the box
We tend to park near public toilets, swimming pool pub or club, where you can use the facilities until they close, bog in the bag for us is for overnight emergencies only, we have only need to make use of it about 4 times in the 2 years we have had it, and when you are in desperate need of the loo £0.75p seems a bargain to me, I don't like doing a no2 in my porta pottie anyway, so it works for us.
"Today's rain is tomorrow's Whisky"
the1andonly
Tribal Elder

Post by the1andonly » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:54 pm

Thanks to all that have replied
including all that enjoyed their own responces.
time for swimbo to make her mind up
1 will be save £70 by not buying a Popaloo
2 don't know

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”