lowering springs

All about modifications, shiny alloys, chrome wheel nuts & mirrors, body skirts and much more!

Moderator: Ian

paulstanford
Apprentice Bongonaut

lowering springs

Post by paulstanford » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:24 pm

Hi , I'm new to the bongos but have done some research into these and have drawn a blank . Bell hill garage have informed me that these springs are no longer in production.?does anybody know if a different car/van spring would fit ? Or if anybody has a second hand set ?

Thanks in advance
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: lowering springs

Post by Bob » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:50 pm

Hi, and welcome.

Bell Hill certainly know Bongos but it isn't unheard of for garages to say things can't be had just because they don't have them.

Do keep poking around.
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:02 am

Welcome to the forum :). I've also heard that Bellhill are not getting so many Bongo spares in these days. I think the supply in Japan has dried up a bit as the Bongo has been out of production for 10 years and there are lots of other whacky MPV things around now.

Lowering springs come up on eBay every now and again, but keep an eye on the forum as some folk are looking to return their vans to the original spec and a swap may be possible: http://igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/view ... =3&t=68272
novocaine
Bongonaut

Post by novocaine » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:30 pm

ring these folks, they maybe able to help.
http://www.mancuniansprings.com/

had them do a set of springs for something else and was very pleased with the service, not so pleased with the cost but then they did make them.

Return to “Pimp My Bongo”