mobility pimp

All about modifications, shiny alloys, chrome wheel nuts & mirrors, body skirts and much more!

Moderator: Ian

nicxf
Bongolier

mobility pimp

Post by nicxf » Sat May 02, 2015 9:53 am

I love my Freda, she's so adaptable! =D> After discovering last year that I really can't manage a trailer by myself because I'm not strong enough to move it around on the ground, another solution had to be found for transporting my huge, heavy, off road mobility scooter. Finding ramps that would both fit in the van and be easy enough for me to manage alone proved impossible, and then I came across these amazing hoists - a hydraulic arm that will lift the scooter into the van! The guys from the mobility show room came out and measured my scooter, and PhoebeFreda and we discovers that by removing the rear gullwing seat, we could get the scooter in!
For anyone else with mobility problems who might be wondering if they can keep their bongo, here's the video the mobility company made: https://youtu.be/WkDz2mG3z4E - I've had it a couple of months now and have refined the technique so I can get the scooter in even more easily than he does here. As you can see there's still room for my handy little cupboard that my Dad built and the portaloo still fits too. I'll have to sleep on the front and middle seats instead, and I'm looking forward to my first camping trip (for an outing with the disabled ramblers: http://disabledramblers.co.uk ) later this week.
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Re: mobility pimp

Post by helen&tony » Sat May 02, 2015 12:15 pm

Hi
There's some kool buggies in the picture...and fantastic to be able to get one in the Bongo. That really makes you mobile!
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
mikeWalsall
Supreme Being

Post by mikeWalsall » Sat May 02, 2015 4:22 pm

I have a Toyota factory fitted one in my (Welcab_) Alphard ..

The electric side door slides opens .. the electric seat slides out and lowers down to the pavement ..

JAL Mushroom roof,12/240v, fridge, cooker, sink, LPG V6 .. (written off @ £5500 Nov 2016)
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Sat May 02, 2015 4:49 pm

Hi Mike
MMMmm...that's a nice job!...
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
nicxf
Bongolier

Post by nicxf » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:54 pm

Wow, the sliding seat idea is neat! Don't there'd be room in the back there for my mahoosive scooter though. :D
philpdr
Tribal Elder

Post by philpdr » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:39 pm

Nice piece of kit.
mikeWalsall
Supreme Being

Post by mikeWalsall » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:29 pm

nicxf wrote:Wow, the sliding seat idea is neat! Don't there'd be room in the back there for my mahoosive scooter though. :D
Both those rear seats flip up to the side widows ...
JAL Mushroom roof,12/240v, fridge, cooker, sink, LPG V6 .. (written off @ £5500 Nov 2016)

Return to “Pimp My Bongo”