bongo body work questions

All about modifications, shiny alloys, chrome wheel nuts & mirrors, body skirts and much more!

Moderator: Ian

wonkanoby
Supreme Being

bongo body work questions

Post by wonkanoby » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:51 am

hi

having been inspired by the repaint thread by puma 931 ive descided to rustoleam my van

ive a few questions if any one can help

as im limited in space,one way road sometimes cannot evan park in my own road it may have to be piece meal

1 platic wheel arch trims

my van has these in black and they need to come of as dor sure the rear arches will need a lot of welding

whats envolved in removing them please

2 front wings

I know they bolt on,what i want to know id can they come of alone,ie not removing the front bumper

my plan is to remove,treat what ever horrors i find behind,clean and paint their rears,and fit them back

with a view to painting out side insitu,im trying to break job down in my head to bits i can get done in my 2 days of

thanks
stuc
Supreme Being

Re: bongo body work questions

Post by stuc » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:44 pm

Unfortunately the front bumper does have to come off to remove the wings. You may be able to loosen the ends off and access the bolts but bumper comes off very easy.
Do what you like.Like what you do.
Puma931
Bongolier

Post by Puma931 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:03 pm

I removed my wings without taking the bumper off. Removed headlights to get to the front bolts and don't forget the bolts near the window screen under the black plastic trim. Good luck with your painting!
Puma931
Bongolier

Post by Puma931 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:06 pm

The plastic trim under the arches - I tried unscrewing them but most were cut off with a chisel and I am not sure if I will refit them as I think it is easy to keep clean and free of mud etc. I just wire brushed the inner arches, treated any surface rust and protected it all with black tetroseal.
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:14 pm

The wheelarch liners help to keep water out the back of the indicators and stop all the spray getting to the hinge area by the door. If it were me, I'd refit them. If you need any scrivets to refit them with, drop me a message.

wonkanoby
Supreme Being

Post by wonkanoby » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:29 am

cheers....2 new tyres have slowed the painting until i get paid again

Return to “Pimp My Bongo”