Interior Privacy Screens (Full Set)

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

cuchillo
Bongolier

Interior Privacy Screens (Full Set)

Post by cuchillo » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:23 pm

Hello All,

Being a good little Bongo Fury member I have splashed out on the above set via the club. It has arrived but I am a little confused as to how to use them and what to do with them when am not using them! :oops:

The main and rear windscreen screens are obvious. So are the driver and passenger screens. :)

However, can anyone tell me which screen fits which back windows? All 4 rear side screens seem different, but am not sure which one fits which window. Yes I know I could start at a window and try (up to) the 4 screens till I got the right one and then try (up to) 3 screens for the next window, etc, etc. However I would not really want to have to do that every time I parked up as I feel its a bit of a ball ache. Is there an easy/obvious way of identifying them? :?

Next issue is the bag they came in. Only 3 of the screens will fit in. What do I do with the other 5?! :O

Yes, I am probably doing something silly, but as usual I rely on the kindness of strangers to get me through it! :lol:

Many thanks!

Cuch.
weebrian
Bongolier

Re: Interior Privacy Screens (Full Set)

Post by weebrian » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:45 pm

Doesn't really seem too much of a hassle but there must be a thousand ways of marking them. My choice would be a thick tipped permanent marker, numbering them from 1 to 4 or OS F OS R etc.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:55 pm

Yep, felt pen and bin liner. 8)
scanner
Supreme Being

Post by scanner » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:19 pm

I'm lost - you say all eight came in a bag, but now only three will go back in ...... :?
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:22 pm

We've got a full set and to be honest I've have never had any problems getting them on the correct windows first time. The angled shape denotes the front set, and the 2 cut-outs for the hinges and the 1 for the catch mean there is limited opportunity to get any of them the wrong way round.

For storage, we lay them out flat in the roof and they all fit if positioned carefully.
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:30 am

I put mine all on top of each other and just roll em up together and go into a wide camping chair bag.

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
roosmith
Tribal Elder

Post by roosmith » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:57 am

When I had some, I used Simon's method of having them laid out on top of the mattress up top. Meant they were always flat and less likely to curl up when on the windows.
Vivaro named Stewart however ex '96 4wd 2.5TD owner.
cuchillo
Bongolier

Post by cuchillo » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:57 am

Simon Jones wrote:We've got a full set and to be honest I've have never had any problems getting them on the correct windows first time. The angled shape denotes the front set, and the 2 cut-outs for the hinges and the 1 for the catch mean there is limited opportunity to get any of them the wrong way round.

For storage, we lay them out flat in the roof and they all fit if positioned carefully.
Not sure if it is just my set but the 4 for the middle and rear side windows are all of different sizes. Hence wondering if they are specifically matched to a window or if that the manufacturing process has some very wide tolerances?
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:17 pm

As I recall, the rear pair are the same size (but mirror image) & the front two may be different to each other but I've never noticed so I would say they are also same size.

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”