cost for garage to install rear parking sensors

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

Whatersname
Bongonaut

cost for garage to install rear parking sensors

Post by Whatersname » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:21 pm

I will start with a confession.... I am rubbish at parking. When I got my Honda I paid for parking sensors, it's the only reason it still has corners :lol:

I have seen the kits on eBay and they are reasonably priced. Van is going to allans service in Plymouth in a couple of weeks, anyone have any idea what it would cost to get him to fit them? I have no technical ability whatsoever ( bongo maybe the wrong van for me :) ).

I had to wait for the neighbours to move before I reversed off the drive this morning and broke out in a cold sweat when reversing at the supermarket - this would def be a worthwhile investment. Currently Honda is being fixed after I drive into a lamp post !! 9 yrs no claims previously mainly due to parking sensors so perhaps I should get them fitted to the front as well!
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Re: cost for garage to install rear parking sensors

Post by Northern Bongolow » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:33 pm

if its spoiling your enjoyment this much why not go for the whole set up, you can get forward and rear cameras for little money nowadays, certainly less than the price of a bumper painted etc.

maybe a driving lesson in your car/bongo from a trained person would also help, there is no stigma involved not everyone is a natural reverser its practice and confidence thats all, both can be got by good training.
Whatersname
Bongonaut

Post by Whatersname » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:39 pm

I might go for front and rear sensors. I have been driving for over 20 years but haven't driven anything this big since my Citroen bx 18 yrs ago. Also it was only my 2nd time driving the van and the thought of telling hubby that I had crashed another vehicle in less than a week was more than I could bear :lol:

Can anyone recommend a good kit?
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:00 pm

Why not just e mai Allan?

He may recommend sensors. :wink:
Whatersname
Bongonaut

Post by Whatersname » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:30 pm

Would do but he is on holiday for 3 weeks. Luckily he is only an hr or so away so I can always go back again or hope he emails on his return. Thanks

Return to “Bongo Chat”