I may have to sell the van :'(

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

callum
Bongolier

I may have to sell the van :'(

Post by callum » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:12 pm

Hi folks,

Finished work last night/this morning after a sweet 16 hour shift, to find that my motorbike had been stolen from outside work. Clean view, main road. Pretty damn gutting.

Unfortunately, as the bike wasn't worth much (£400) and excess on fire and theft being £250, i only had third party only insurance. So no pay back.

This leads us into a bit of a quandary as funds are stretched as it is, so we may have to sell the only luxury we have left..the van :(

We will see what happens in the next couple of weeks, but it's not looking good.

People can be so damn selfish.
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: I may have to sell the van :'(

Post by Bob » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:50 pm

Oh what rotten b****y luck. :(
BongoBongo123
Supreme Being

Post by BongoBongo123 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:00 pm

How about a new motorbike ? Plenty of £ 4-500 quidders online. Short journeys? A bicyle ? Of course you need to make a choice you are ultimately most comfortable with. I hope it works out with the best option for you. All the best.
cmm303
Supreme Being

Post by cmm303 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:10 pm

Gutting. What a bummer.
How would you cope without a Bingo though ? :(
Chris with BertieB
'96 White unconverted AFT 2.5L Diesel 4WD
callum
Bongolier

Post by callum » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:19 pm

The bike was a £400/500 one anyway. Unfortunately with 2 kids under 3 and only my wage, we don't have a spare £400 for another. Could easily put it on a credit card, but then i hear you're supposed to pay those back!

We will see, at the moment i'm just a bit down and the sensible choice would be to sell the car and van and buy a bigger car and a bike leaving us a wedge to survive on and buy a decent tent. But who knows.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:37 pm

Really bad luck and v sorry to hear it. Hope you may find a way to keep the Bongo. [-o<
Bongolia
Supreme Being

Post by Bongolia » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:11 pm

That is tough luck mate.Sorry to hear that.
Whats the odds on it being recovered up there?
callum
Bongolier

Post by callum » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:20 am

Aye up,

Well we are definitely going to sell the van. It's a real shame obviously as i have spent a lot of time (and money!) building it up, but it juat isn't the right time for us given the bike predicament.

I may, at 30, be starting an apprenticeship that will of course mean a massive reduction in wages, so we had tentatively mentioned that we would have to next year anyway, the bike theft has just sped that up a few months.

I have bought a new bike, i got a C90 to commute on (only a 3 mile journey), it is a hoot to ride. I got it on Wed, then that eve the police called to say they had recovered my bike!! It wasn't in horrendous condition, but i sold it yesterday. So a very quick turnaround.
Our Megane is curently on ebay and i'm collecting our new Grand Scenic on Monday.

Never do things by halves.

I hope to have the van finished up and re-mot'd by mid November, i will be asking lots of questions still in the interim period!

Return to “Bongo Chat”