PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

ELZE
Supreme Being

PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION

Post by ELZE » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:49 pm

It is not often I get on a soap box but probably like most of us I adore animals especially dogs. what I am writing about has upset me deeply.

Shearer 8 yr old collie lost his life last week when out for his usual walk with his owner on the beach. Some likely lads were setting off fireworks randomly on the beach and the dog ran off in the other direction. Further down the other way in his direction someone set off few more and the dog panicked and ran into the sea. his body was washed up some 40 miles away in Teesside the other day. His owners are devastated

Also this week my vet told me that a local horse had to be destroyed after a stray firework hit him on the face and caused severe burns and eye damage.

Fireworks can be so much fun when used sensibly and at the right time.

I have a personal belief that they should only be available by registered licensed companies or local authorities at organised events and not sold to the general public available all year round.

The nuisance factor and potential damage to persons, animal and property is a big factor.

I would be grateful if you would support the people who have raised this petition (see link) and at least support the possibility of some government control and common sense.

I thank you all in advance and anticipation of your support

http://www.change.org/p/theresa-may-sto ... rework-use?
Last edited by ELZE on Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A Bongo is for life, not just for Christmas
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION

Post by Bob » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:52 pm

Well I'll agree with that.

The things are a ******* menace.

Few fireworks in the garden or visit a display on 5 November is one thing...
ELZE
Supreme Being

Post by ELZE » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:51 am

Bob wrote:Well I'll agree with that.

The things are a ******* menace.

Few fireworks in the garden or visit a display on 5 November is one thing...

Thanks Bob ! I have since been told of a news story where a horse in Northumberland somewhere, tangled in barb wire, legs shredded to pieces after bolting in field where people were setting off bangers. This has to be stopped it's gone on too long.

Imagine a scenario Mr & Mrs ordinary driving along the A1 car full of kids off to somewhere nice when a horse or a herd of cows bolts across the road caused by being spooked by fireworks, impact imminent. If anyone is in any doubt about how problematic this has now become, please speak to any farmer, elderly person, animal owner, vet, police, emergency service, hospital etc.

These days we talk about the threat of terrorism and the fear of being blown up on our own streets but anywhere in UK anyone can go into a shop and purchase enough explosives across the counter to cause havoc, pain and suffering on a large scale and no questions asked. I also challenge the notion that only adults are able to purchase these ?
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:43 pm

The trouble is with 4-5 people killed EACH DAY on the roads https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reported_ ... at_Britain
a few extra deaths each year from other causes makes little difference to the overall indifference of the public and authorities.
Very few statistics seem to be available on death rates from fireworks during these periods all I could find http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov. ... e30136.pdf
which show one death in 1998, two in 2000 and none since.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
ELZE
Supreme Being

Post by ELZE » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:28 pm

g8dhe wrote:The trouble is with 4-5 people killed EACH DAY on the roads https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reported_ ... at_Britain
a few extra deaths each year from other causes makes little difference to the overall indifference of the public and authorities.
Very few statistics seem to be available on death rates from fireworks during these periods all I could find http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov. ... e30136.pdf
which show one death in 1998, two in 2000 and none since.
Maybe there are no deaths caused to humans with fireworks but any death is a tragedy. Also it says nothing for the death and suffering to animals and nuisance. we cannot deny the lunacy we often see on the streets with youth misusing them causing mayhem. There seems to be an obsession with them.

I take your point about road deaths but I only want to assist those affected with the problem by asking some of us on the forum to support it.

Thanks for your comments.
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:05 pm

Very gladly signed,and shared on my facebook.....my little man is terrified every 5th Nov.......Id completely ban em if i had my way

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:40 am

The concern should not be just about people killed, but about both the mass cruelty to animals and their environment and the sheer bl**dy selfishness of those who shatter tranquility at boringly frequent intervals without any apparent concern for others, human or animal. I will gladly sign this petition. I love a good firework display but, lets face it, fireworks are like sex: they're much more fun when you aren't getting them every night. Boy did i used to look forward to that one night in the year :lol: Now, i can't even get excited any more :(
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:27 am

Blue pills, Mike.

Those will help mate. :lol:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=viagr ... 24&bih=672
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:09 pm

Bob wrote:Blue pills, Mike.

Those will help mate. :lol:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=viagr ... 24&bih=672
Cheers Bob. Don't want to go off like a damp squib, i'm thinking more Vesuvius :lol: :lol: :lol:
ELZE
Supreme Being

Post by ELZE » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:09 pm

Bongoplod wrote:Very gladly signed,and shared on my facebook.....my little man is terrified every 5th Nov.......Id completely ban em if i had my way

Brian

Grateful many thanks
ELZE
Supreme Being

Post by ELZE » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:12 pm

mikeonb4c wrote:The concern should not be just about people killed, but about both the mass cruelty to animals and their environment and the sheer bl**dy selfishness of those who shatter tranquility at boringly frequent intervals without any apparent concern for others, human or animal. I will gladly sign this petition. I love a good firework display but, lets face it, fireworks are like sex: they're much more fun when you aren't getting them every night. Boy did i used to look forward to that one night in the year :lol: Now, i can't even get excited any more :(

Cheers Mike, boy you spelt that out like Kay Burley on steroids :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the support
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:17 pm

Thing is we could all enjoy the lights and colours, there is absolutely no need for the noise.

Scroates would have no interest either.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:17 pm

Bob wrote:Thing is we could all enjoy the lights and colours, there is absolutely no need for the noise.

Scroates would have no interest either.
Huh? What's a Greek philosopher got to do with it. Woops sorry, thought you'd said Socrates :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:19 pm

Ahh, Socrates, particularly missed, a lovely little thinker, but a rascal when he's 'merry'

Aristotle, Aristotle, was a devil for the bottle... :lol:

Showing our age. :lol:
Gasy
Supreme Being

Post by Gasy » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:36 pm

^^^^^ did you know them personally? :D
Gas safe heating engineer / plumber if you need any advice just shout.

Return to “Bongo Chat”