Meeting up in the south west

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

fittobust
Junior Bongonaut

Meeting up in the south west

Post by fittobust » Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:52 pm

Hi, as a recent joiner and first time “Bongo Fest” attendee, I would like to thank all those I met in Looe at the weekend for the warm (if brief) welcome my wife and I received. I was sad to hear that the SW Bongo Fest based in Looe is to be the last and next year it will be “up north” in Glastonbury. Yes I know that Glastonbury is still in the South West but virtually everywhere is north of Plymouth. With this in mind I was wondering if there were any other Devon/Cornwall based club members who would like to meet up locally to exchange tips, stories, servicing recommendations etc. I see, from older posts, that something similar has taken place in the past but appears to be no longer happening.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Meeting up in the south west

Post by g8dhe » Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:31 pm

There are several FaceBook groups covering South West, Devon, Cornwall etc. Just do a search for "mazda bongo" and select groups, then start to scroll ;-) Quite a few of the groups do organise there own local meets as well as just discussions.

I've no doubt that we will be back to Looe at some time in the future but the area meets always tend to move around and its been a while since we were at Glastonbury :-)
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
fittobust
Junior Bongonaut

Post by fittobust » Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:22 pm

Pity, I had a Facebook account years ago but closed it as it was too intrusive and full of rubbish.
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:53 am

We will be back at Camping Caradon in September 2025.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
fittobust
Junior Bongonaut

Post by fittobust » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:47 am

Good news, we like forward to attending both😀

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”