Dash Switches

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Eratosthenes
Bongolier

Dash Switches

Post by Eratosthenes » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:25 pm

I have been trying to locate a switch for the front fog lamps with out much success.
I was told by a breaker to use similar ones from a mazda 626 or mx5, can any one confirm this?
One vehicle dismantler came back today offering one for £80, I asked if the fog lights were included
but didn't get a reply.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Dash Switches

Post by g8dhe » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:05 am

Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:08 am

And good old Bongo Spares. :wink:
Eratosthenes
Bongolier

Post by Eratosthenes » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:32 pm

Geoff, my van is a year 2000 and the one shown says up to 1999 and the rear of the switch is completely different and longer, probably because of the indicator light in mine. I have been looking on Ebay almost daily but thank you for looking.
Bob, Bongo spares are out of stock at the moment.
I damaged the switch trying to remove it, should have removed the bezel round the speedo.
For a while I have been trying to solve an electrical problem that seemed completely erratic.
Apart from getting through many fuses and removing the wiring for the after market rear fog
light I think I actually solved it.
Had the wheel arches sorted a little while ago the cable to the socket at the tow bar had been
cut into and there were a few exposed wires. I suppose driving around the ends were shorting and
connecting to each other etc. When I had partially removed the rear side panel I could see the damage.

Return to “Techie Stuff”