Heating question

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

NLB2024
Bongonaut

Heating question

Post by NLB2024 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:16 pm

So the saga continues, today all the electrics that were previously on the blink came back to life.... theres something up somewhere.

However the front heating fan is now not working.

The control unit seems to be ok, as it still controls the rear fine, rear is blowing fine as well. I did a bit of research, checked the fan its self isnt blocked - it rotates freely, opened up the resistor, it looked on, solder was intact - bit of corrosion around a couple of the points which i cleaned up, but it back together, checked the fuses, again they are ok.

Just after it seemed to give up, i tried it and the fan went to blow....then just died.

I tried to take the multi meter across the two parallel terminals on the connector to the resistor and it seemed to be showing no voltage

Could this be the relay?
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Heating question

Post by g8dhe » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:44 pm

Well it could be the relay that controls the aircon fan, but to be honest with the other problems it suggests that there might be other factors at work of a more common form!
I would suggest getting a cloth and can of WD40 to hand and then pull each and every fuse from its socket and clean the connectors and small spray of WD40, in the past I have found that over time a small amount of corrosion can set in and give random failures! Any fuses that have been replaced with Swap Looms do the same to. The only fuse you need not worry about is the 100 Amp fuse on the SB arm which is bolted in from underneath! Also the process of doing this may highlight any other problems, also depending on the engine type, pull any relays in the X02 fuse box under the bonnet and clean there contacts as well.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
NLB2024
Bongonaut

Post by NLB2024 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:05 pm

Ha yes, indeed, I will do that for sure.

Which is the X02 fusebox?

2.5 TD btw :)
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:40 pm

X01 are the fuses on the SB arm,
X02 is in the middle of the van under the bonnet,
X03 is the internal fuse box down by the drivers knee.
See details here http://www.g8dhe.net/bwm/
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions

Return to “Techie Stuff”