Dinitrol underseal recommendations

Moderators: Bob, westonwarrior

Garrox82
Apprentice Bongonaut

Dinitrol underseal recommendations

Post by Garrox82 » Tue May 07, 2024 2:51 pm

Hi all, new bongo owners here - picked up ours '99 4WD Auto Diesel last Friday 😁.

One of the first things we'd like to do is have it undersealed. It's currently in decent condition (only some surface rust underneath) but not sure when it was last treated, so we'd like to have it cleaned and sealed with Dinitrol. Had a quote for £1400 which is much more than we'd be willing to spend.

Before going down the DIY route, can anyone recommend anywhere in/around the Bristol area (willing to travel a couple of hrs) where we could get the job done well at a more reasonable price? We were thinking £800ish max but would like to know if you think that's reasonable or not.

Thanks for your help

Roxy
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Dinitrol underseal recommendations

Post by Bob » Tue May 07, 2024 8:16 pm

Welcome aboard.

The problem here is the quality of job you’re getting for your money.

All I can say is it’s likely better to pay for a quality job rather than try and repair later.

Worth checking the 'Rust Directory' Fact Sheet.
Ian
Supreme Being

Re: Dinitrol underseal recommendations

Post by Ian » Wed May 08, 2024 8:05 am

I got mine done 6 years ago and it cost £950 + VAT. This was a quality job. But the firm I used here in Sheffield no longer offer this service. A number of years ago someone recommended this Cheltenham based firm for Waxoyl treatment but I don't know if they still do it.

Pure Car Management Cheltenham 01242-580920
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.

Return to “Rest of the West”