Bongo height and car wash query

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

liggy
Bongolier

Post by liggy » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:24 pm

i have a bongo without the elavating roof and it is 1.96m most car parks are 2m high barriers but i still duck everytime i go under them hehehe took my bongo through morrison's car wash on the day of last years MOT and it broke my rear mirror arm this year left it dirty
Simplezzzzz
celt and kaz

Post by celt and kaz » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:35 pm

Automatic car wash- rapid rotating metal bars impregnated with nylon bristles attacking every part of your highly polished paintwork!
Would you really wash you beloved vehicle with a soapy yard broom???

Take a look at the paint work on vehicles that have been constantly washed using wet dougal dogs when they are dry and in the sunlight, looks like the paint has been attacked with 120 grit rubbing down paper.

I personally would use one!
Gemtps

Post by Gemtps » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:59 am

I'm so glad I found this thread as my baby needs a wash already and I was wandering about the car wash issue.
I think I will treat her and take her to the men who do the handwashing in town (unfortunatley, I live in a road where hoses and hoover leads won't reach the cars).

I did laugh about the ducking under barriers.
I went through my first the other day at 2.6 m and ducked as I went under even though there was still stacks of room :lol:
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:54 pm

How are you enjoying her Gemtps? Wonderful arent they. Not so much a car as a pet - the xtra fuel cost is instead of pet food and vets fees 8)
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:22 am

Its funny how you duck to get under barriers, just like if you squeeze through a narrowish gap, you'll bring your arms in! Like that will narrow the bongo somehow! I do like to flick the folding mirror switch when it starts getting a bit tight, last time i did it i got a thumbs up from the transit driver,whilst we both squeezed through the narrow gap... :wink:
ビッグダディケイン RIP Big Bank Hank (Imp the Dimp) 1957-2014
Dabs
Supreme Being

Post by Dabs » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:02 pm

mikeonb4c wrote: Not so much a car as a pet 8)
Steady on Mike itll be walkies round the block before bedtime next :lol: :lol:

carry a massive poopy scoop with You tho!! :lol: :lol:

Dabs
Its Oh so quiet!!..Ex Terra Lucem!!..A Leopard can't change his spots!
trevd01

Post by trevd01 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:40 pm

bigdaddycain wrote:... just like if you squeeze through a narrowish gap, you'll bring your arms in! Like that will narrow the bongo somehow! ... :wink:
I actually wish the Bongo was a bit wider!

It is handy in parking spaces etc, and in the narrow lanes where we live, but for camper conversions, it could just do with that bit extra.
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:24 pm

Yep, i can appreciate that, mine is un-converted ( i dont let jahova's witnesses in) so its not really a problem for me. I didn,t realise just how narrow the bongo was for a while, it was only after reverse parking along the kerbside once, i then noticed that i could still see the ford fiesta parked behind me in my drivers side mirror! :roll:
ビッグダディケイン RIP Big Bank Hank (Imp the Dimp) 1957-2014

Return to “Techie Stuff”