dashboard switch bulbs?

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

dunky bongo

dashboard switch bulbs?

Post by dunky bongo » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:24 am

Don't know whether anyone out there has any experience in this???
I have a bulb gone on one of my electric blind switches on the dashboard. I have managed to remove the switch and get to the bulb but its bloody tiny. Whilst in the area, popped into Halfrauds yesterday with my newly liberated bulb and they looked at it as though it were not of this earth... imagine their reaction when I told them what it was off!!! :lol:

It looks like a small LED in a brown rubber sheath. I think I could remove the bulb from the rubber but wondered if anyone else has experience???

thanks
D
8)
celt and kaz

Post by celt and kaz » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:32 am

Have got to replace one of mine too.
You will need to get yourself to an auto electrical factors, such as Lucas or Diesel Electric, or whatever you have near you. They may not have it in stock, but will definitely have a listing so that they can order it in for you.
Possibbly worth also trying a normal auto factors, if you can find a switched on member of staff, they could also find a listing.
Hope thats enlightening!! :roll:
dunky bongo

Post by dunky bongo » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:43 am

thanks guy, I will do just that!

:wink:
neil/di
Bongolier

Post by neil/di » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:07 pm

Do the window switches light up :?: if they do then I too have a bulb gone,is this the same type of bulb :?:
Neil
A Bongos is not just for christmas
David Edwards
Supreme Being

Post by David Edwards » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:07 pm

Neil, snap I was gonna say the same, both of mine are in darkness, better have a look I suppose, one thing to look at are they in any way similar I wonder to the little things in some xmas lights, if they match what a saving that would be eh. Will have to see. Happy motoring.
neil/di
Bongolier

Post by neil/di » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:56 pm

That would be a very nice result,dont get to many of those,so I wont hold my breath
Neil
A Bongos is not just for christmas
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:17 pm

We seem to have gone from blind to window switches :? :?
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
dunky bongo

Post by dunky bongo » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:15 pm

I agree Franco, I am assuming no-one has any experience in the main blind switches on the dashboard?!?
Incidently, what switches is everyone else talking about? is it the switches on the door? I am thinking they do not have a bulb in as none of us have them illuminated, surely the original bulbs are consistantly that bad?
:?
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:14 pm

Well I only have lowly manual blinds :( :(
My window switches certainly don't light up and don't look as if they're meant to.
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
David Edwards
Supreme Being

Post by David Edwards » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:25 pm

I was on about my electric blind switches, they are not illuminated and it is raining to bloody much to start fiddling with em at the moment. Happy motoring.
dunky bongo

Post by dunky bongo » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:42 pm

agreed! lets stay in an have a drink!

:twisted:

Return to “Techie Stuff”