drivers seat

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

riggy

drivers seat

Post by riggy » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:48 pm

just got our bongo and seen that the engine is under the passenger seat. Can anyone tell me whats under the driver seat

cheers
David Edwards
Supreme Being

Post by David Edwards » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:50 pm

More engine and bits and pieces, have a look and familiarise yourself with it, the more you root about the more you will understand the vehicle, good luck, happy motoring.
dp bradford
Bongolier

Re: drivers seat

Post by dp bradford » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:24 pm

riggy wrote:just got our bongo and seen that the engine is under the passenger seat. Can anyone tell me whats under the driver seat

cheers
...the other half of the engine :roll:
Peg leg Pete
Supreme Being

Post by Peg leg Pete » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:30 pm

Fuel pump, air filter, auto box dipstick, starter motor, and lots of coolant pipes, check they do not leak :wink: Passenger side, alternator, oil dipstick, the all important bleed pipe, thermostat(well hidden) :wink: :wink:
Image Pete
Dabs
Supreme Being

Post by Dabs » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:55 pm

The first time You have a gander under the seats is a real voyage of discovery,and a strange place to be after owning a more ordinary car.Check all the hoses especially when the engine is hot as it seems to be then when any pinprick holes in the hoses open up.Speaking from experience it toom Me two weeks to trace the tiniest of coolant leaks down to a pinprick hole in the bleed pipe,I knew I had a leak but couldnt figure out where it was coming from but I was checking when the engine was not at full operating temperature,it did not leak when cold it only leaked when hot.Its sorted now but its left me obsessed with checking coolant levels etc.Not a bad thing with a Bongo :D

Good Luck with the new mota Riggy and ENJOY :D

Dabs
Its Oh so quiet!!..Ex Terra Lucem!!..A Leopard can't change his spots!

Return to “Techie Stuff”