About to drain coolant - Urgent advice needed

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Peg leg Pete
Supreme Being

Post by Peg leg Pete » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:23 am

On the temp issue, I found when our bongo had an airlock, temp rose very rapidly, not slowly as you describe Mike, sounds good and hoipe all stays that way :wink:
Image Pete
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:07 am

I'll go with that Peter, as the gauge 'feels' right in the way it is behaving. Dandy is right to point out the danger of over confidence in this area though - as you can tell, over-confident I am not (or dont want to be anyway!). Thanks for all the tips and advice.

On to the next job - gunking here I come. Or is it replacing brake fluid. Or fix the faulty flashing roof light. Or finally try and get my head around fitting a leisure battery. Crikey, its a world of endless possibilities in BongoWorld. :roll:
Peg leg Pete
Supreme Being

Post by Peg leg Pete » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:34 pm

I agree with Dandys caution :wink: I still, a year on from sorting out our bongos overheating, keep a careful eye on the temp guage and coolant level :wink: but so should all bongo owners.
Image Pete
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:36 pm

Dead right. With having (modern) firms cars I'd slipped out of the habit of regular checking. But its a good habit to get back into. Pilots never take off in a plane that they havent walked around, checked key items on, and gone through a checklist. An example to folow?

Return to “Techie Stuff”