CENTRAL LOCKING

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Peter Brazier

CENTRAL LOCKING

Post by Peter Brazier » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:33 pm

Recently, most times when I lock / unlock drivers door with key, the passengers door sometimes does not. and the back door rarely unlocks Q. is some electronic switch / connection sticking?? obviously I can unlock passenger and side door with key, but not the back door, any ideas??
I supose its not connected but other problems are the drivers window wont open/close and recently the drivers mirror wont park flat, a previous sugestion for the window was the electric cable in door closing space, is it a case of peeling outer cables to find broken wire, join and tape up??
dp bradford
Bongolier

Re: CENTRAL LOCKING

Post by dp bradford » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:55 pm

Peter Brazier wrote:I can unlock passenger and side door with key, but not the back door
Sorry I can't help in diagnosing the problem, but why can't you open the back door with a key?? :-s
maxheadroom
Supreme Being

Post by maxheadroom » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:56 pm

check the wires that run from the drivers door into the car. Peel off the plastic covering (pipe) and my guess is there will be a break in one (white with black line) rejoin and all should be well. I had a similar intermitent fault and this is how I cured it, good luck

keep the faith...
brorabongo
Supreme Being

Post by brorabongo » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:24 pm

Hi Peter
I have had the tailgate locking problem, you would hear all the right noises but nothing would happen and I found that the attuactor had come away from its position. So one small nut to hold it back in place, and now working well.
ボンゴの激怒 pictures
Run your fingers over my Bongo, and I'll run my Bongo over your fingers!! :twisted:
Peter Brazier

dp bradford wrote:

Post by Peter Brazier » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:16 am

dp bradford wrote: why didn't I open back door with key?? answer, is my Bongo the odd one out!! I have no key hole to insert a key in.
dp bradford
Bongolier

Re: dp bradford wrote:

Post by dp bradford » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:44 am

Peter Brazier wrote: is my Bongo the odd one out!! I have no key hole to insert a key in.
Wierd! Is this normal, do other folks not have a key hole?? Maybe I'm just lucky 8)
2sticks
Bongolier

Post by 2sticks » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:48 am

:roll:

Never seen one without it.

Somebody must have made a good job of removing or hiding it.

Do you have an extra wide number plate ?.

:?:
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:52 pm

I've got a keyhole, to the right of the number plate.
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)

Return to “Techie Stuff”