Possible pimp

All about modifications, shiny alloys, chrome wheel nuts & mirrors, body skirts and much more!

Moderator: Ian

8etty 8ongo
Tribal Elder

Possible pimp

Post by 8etty 8ongo » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:51 pm

hi, considering getting betty bongo resprayed. Anything I need to consider or take into account. She is currently silver over grey and I'm thinking a mid/dark grey all over...
Was hoping to look through the 'show us your outsides' to look at all the colour schemes but can't find it...
Advice and thoughts appreciated as always
BigPanzer
Tribal Elder

Re: Possible pimp

Post by BigPanzer » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:55 am

Hi 8etty,

first thought - a colour change will cost more than a same colour job and it will always show up in places like under the bonnet. However, if you have changed colour "because I got fed up with what colour it was" this might not matter. A very non standard paint job might limit the appeal if you have to sell.
Second thought - keep the roof/aft in a light colour. It will reflect more heat and you might be grateful for this on a sunny day.
Third thought - if you want to be really wild and different and you are not likely to need any bodywork done for the forseeable future, had you thought about having it airbrushed? Some years ago I had a Reliant Scimitar and I came to a publicity agreement with a local airbrusher whose style I liked to mural it based on the Arabian Nights stories a couple of panels at a time "as & when" on condition he could use it for publicity purposes. I used to use it as a daily driver, and it never once got keyed or damaged, but I could park it polished and return to it a couple of hours later and the murals would be covered in fingermarks!
Why?

Custom jobs are such a personal thing. Whatever you do there will be those who go Ugh!, those who love it and those who don't really like the overall effect but look for the quality of the work, but it's your Bongo so what the hell?

Peter
8etty 8ongo
Tribal Elder

Post by 8etty 8ongo » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:06 pm

Haha love it. Not sure I'm brave enough for air brushing though (too old and sensible now :-1) But you're right, it's my bongo and it can be painted however I like. I'm just thinking a dark grey all over. Think that would be really smart..
8etty 8ongo
Tribal Elder

Post by 8etty 8ongo » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:40 pm

Have just bought 6 litres of grey for betty. No idea how long it will be until she gets the Respray but I have the paint - it's the first step...

Return to “Pimp My Bongo”