Front door speakers

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

trozombo
Apprentice Bongonaut

Front door speakers

Post by trozombo » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:11 am

Hi all! First thread in this site for me. I’m trying to work out why my left door speaker on my new 1999 bongo is not working and I thought in swap it with the right one , so my question is, can I remove them without removing the whole panel?
Apologies if this question’s been asked before.
AndyS95
Bongonaut

Re: Front door speakers

Post by AndyS95 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:00 pm

Welcome to the forum, I've never looked at the front speakers but i imagine it's a case of unclipping the front door cards and seeing if a wire has come unattached etc. If it turns out the speaker is kaput then simply unscrewing the old one and replacing with new.

Sounds silly - but thought I would mention it as its the sort of thing that's caught me out in the past - have you checked first that the balance function is correct - i.e. not all the way over to the right?
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:29 pm

If its not a damaged speaker then also check the passenger door wiring loom where it crosses over from "A" pillar to door, not a common fault (unlike the drivers door loom) but has been reported before now as the cause of problems, the wires break within the insulation due to all the flexing every time the door is opened.
Might also be worth checking that the Balance control on the audio hasn't got swung over to the righthand side as well!!!
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Philfish
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Philfish » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:53 am

Following the previous reply. I have a 99 petrol 2ltr. Had trouble with drivers door speaker and found inside the visible bound wires at the door opening brittle wires and the speaker one broken. Temp repair with connector and recovered with new tape has solved the problem. Similar problem on passenger side with central locking wire. This is where I would start as for me was easy repair.
trozombo
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by trozombo » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:31 pm

thanks for the replies, I will take suggestion onboard and feed back. the balance was the fist thing I've checked but not sound coming out of it so far.

Return to “Techie Stuff”