Single/Lone Camper weekend.

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

baronweetman
Bongolier

Single/Lone Camper weekend.

Post by baronweetman » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:35 pm

Proposed Singles/Solo/Lone Campers Weekend. 1st Weekend in September.
All Bongos welcome.
This is in conjunction with members of wildcamping .co.uk whos membership boasts quite a few Bongo owners.

The Ram Hotel, Brandon IP27 0PX web: theramhotel.co.uk
Very large field with toilet., water and toilet emptying facility. Bars and restaurant open most of the day Live music or similar every Sat evening. Inexpensive menu. Real Ale.
There is also a regatta and dragon boat race with all the side shows etc., In aid of charity on the river adjoining the field on the Saturday. Boat hire across the road. Brandon Brewery 300 yards away.(we can get a tour and tasting and this would be the only organised item on the agenda) Two other pubs opposite both with restaurants and a Bistro type restaurant next door.
Brandon also boasts Grimes Graves flint mines open to public.
Brandon Country Park where all the top chefs get their wild mushrooms (if they get there before me. LOL). website: Brandon Country Park in Brandon, Suffolk, UK - BrandonSuffolk.com
Elveden Hall shops.
Centre Parks. Holiday Villages
High lodge activity Centre with Biking shooting school and High wire Go ape, attractions amongst other things. website: High Lodge Forest Centre in Brandon, Suffolk, UK - BrandonSuffolk.com
There is a kebab shop 4 chippies, 3 chinese take away’s. One of britains best Indian restaurants and an Indian Take away. I polish cafe, 1 Italian restaurant, 1 Lithuaniancoffee shop/deli, 1 Russia coffee shop/deli, and a couple of other coffer shops. 2 great Breakfast cafes, one in the high street and one near the railway station. A bowling alley with bars and restaurant on the market square. Also 10 pubs and more. All in a town of 10000 houses.

The pub venue is not free though. But I have beat the price down to £8 per pitch per night which I feel is a great price. There is drinking water and toilet on site also better toilets in pub. Black/grey waste disposal point. No restriction on pitch size or what you put on it as long as there is only one motor.The price of the Saturday night pitch is payable in advance to me. The other nights you may wish to spend there you can pay when you get there.

If you feel like getting a team together we can get a dragon boat on the day.
If we go ahead with this, I intend to be there from Friday afternoon onwards.
Names and £8 deposit (Covering the Sat night only and Not refundable) as soon as possible please to.
Bruce Weetman
La Cave
Princes Close
Brandon IP27 0LH

You can ring me evenings Sat and Sunday only. 01842813214
[b]la connaissance exacte du passé, en éclairant le présent, vous permettra d'agir sur l'avenir[/b]
flossie
Tribal Elder

Re: Single/Lone Camper weekend.

Post by flossie » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:01 am

...but when are you looking at ? :?
Liz
'99 V6 White over Silver - as yet unconverted but I may be converted!
Poohbear
Tribal Elder

Post by Poohbear » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:51 am

baronweetman wrote:Proposed Singles/Solo/Lone Campers Weekend. 1st Weekend in September.
The clue was right at the beginning :D
baronweetman
Bongolier

Post by baronweetman » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:05 am

2nd to 4th September.
[b]la connaissance exacte du passé, en éclairant le présent, vous permettra d'agir sur l'avenir[/b]
PisceanJoy
Bongolier

Post by PisceanJoy » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:55 pm

I am up for that Used to live in Ipswich and I have a son in Norwich so might combine it with a trip down memory lane
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:15 pm

Pub website is not responding at the moment :? - are there any hook-ups?
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
dave_aber
Supreme Being

Post by dave_aber » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:28 pm

I did wonder what a "Single Camper Weekend" would entail - and now you're asking about the chances of a hookup :shock:
Image...Image
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:40 pm

dave_aber wrote:I did wonder what a "Single Camper Weekend" would entail - and now you're asking about the chances of a hookup :shock:
Sorry, I don't fancy Bruce :lol: :lol: :lol:
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
PisceanJoy
Bongolier

Post by PisceanJoy » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:13 pm

daisydaydream
Bongonaut

Post by daisydaydream » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:50 am

lovely idea - sadly, will be in S France - otherwise would be there
=D>
baronweetman
Bongolier

Post by baronweetman » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:58 pm

francophile1947 wrote:Pub website is not responding at the moment :? - are there any hook-ups?
He can lay on a hook up just ask himwhen you get there.
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:41 pm

Tempting as I used to live in Watton till I was 13 and went to school in Wymondham till I was 16, but too far for a weekend, sadly, and with Looe soon after, would be too much. Shame really.
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
bongok9

Post by bongok9 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:55 pm

Great idea but sadly too far for me for a weekend.
How about one in the west country sometime.
baronweetman
Bongolier

Post by baronweetman » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:39 pm

we have 2 promiced from this site and 6 from WILDCAMPERS.CO.UK so that should be about right, shame we couldn't get a couple of the girls to come. Never mind, perhaps next time.
PLEASE FORGET ABOUT PAYING IN ADVANCE. I shall be there from Friday afternoon so just turn up.
BUT PLEASE ANYONE ELSE LET ME KNOW BEFORE HAND IF YOU ARE COMING, so that I can let the pub have the numbers.
Look forward to seeing y'all.
I am trying to fit a brewery visit for Saturday afternoon. The brewery is just over the bridge so within staggering distance.
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:44 pm

Count me in :D - do I need to book with the pub, or are you sorting it? Also, is it Friday to Sunday nights inclusive, or just Friday and Saturday - I'm happy with either? 8)
John

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”