campsites for kids

Stayed at a good site? Or a really poor one? And what about wild camping? Put your comments here.

Moderator: westonwarrior

DILLIGAF
Bongolier

campsites for kids

Post by DILLIGAF » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:20 am

can anyone recommend any campsites in devon suitable for kids aged 7&9? we are taking two of our grandsons camping and like a lot of kids these days they want lots of things to entertain them, we normally go for peace and quiet, but that won't suit them, ho hum. 8-[
being a philosopher, i have a problem for every solution.
Gasy
Supreme Being

Re: campsites for kids

Post by Gasy » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:52 am

You carnt beet woodlands at Dartmouth
You get free entry to the theme park if you stay for 2 nights or more
Perfect for that age kids
Award winning campsite which is behind the theme park gate so safe for kids at night
You just get up and walk into theme park brill
Gas safe heating engineer / plumber if you need any advice just shout.
DILLIGAF
Bongolier

Post by DILLIGAF » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:31 pm

thanks Gasy, iv'e had a look on line and that looks like just the job to keep them amused, thanks for the info, brian.
Gasy
Supreme Being

Post by Gasy » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:00 pm

At there age you carnt beat it
I've had to take my 2 aged 9&6
For the last 3 years and we are off there again for 16 days in 2 weeks
Very good in wet weather as well big indoor play areas
Gixermark
Bongolier

Post by Gixermark » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:30 pm

Gasy wrote:You carnt beet woodlands at Dartmouth
You get free entry to the theme park if you stay for 2 nights or more
Perfect for that age kids
Award winning campsite which is behind the theme park gate so safe for kids at night
You just get up and walk into theme park brill
Deffo second this advice! =D>

We stayed at Woodlands for 6 yrs on the trot ...visiting 3 or 4 times some years. It fantastic, very clean and the shower blocks are always very clean and well kept with plenty of good sized family rooms. The play park itself is brilliant for the kids ( and some adults like me who should have more sense! ) with a huge 3 floor indoor area for the inevitable rain you may have as well as outside water flumes / tobogon run / water boat rides ....the list goes on & on!
Down the road is Dartmouth, a lovely fishing town ...hop on the car ferry and a short drive and your in Torquay or surrounding areas. It really is a fabulous area to visit and kids love it. Also Blackpool Sands is well worth a visit as well as Slapton Sands ( it's the next beach over from Blackpool sands ) where the tragedy happened during the Second World War build up for DDay ....Sherman tank down by the village at the end with all the info etc!

Sadly no good to us anymore as our son is 14 & it's just not his thing!!! Seriously though, for 3-11 year olds it is perfect.
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:21 am

Hi
14, and not his thing?????
Send him to summer camp:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jjiWS__Mp0
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
Gixermark
Bongolier

Post by Gixermark » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:31 am

helen&tony wrote:Hi
14, and not his thing?????
Send him to summer camp:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jjiWS__Mp0
Cheers
Helen
Cheeky! [-X

In all fairness, he's done the Beaver, Cubs & Scouts ....played regular football for local & Hereford United for 8 yrs ....played badminton for the county ....not much he hasn't done to be honest.

Woodlands is great but as we have been so many times he / we became bored with the same site! #-o
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:23 pm

Hi
You're lucky with your kids, then.....sometimes I'd gladly have sent my two to Summer Camp.......IN CHAINS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...one of each, by the way!...but , seriously, we always went with a caravan to CLs
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:44 pm

Woodlands is great, but there is a lot to be said for a basic site and do some good walks, bit of rock pooling, play in the woods, picnic on the beach, get away from technology.

Tire them out. :D
alan
Supreme Being

Post by alan » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:49 pm

http://www.watermouthpark.co.uk/ thisa use to be called big madows great for kids there do free tractor rides and grass tabbogans ride in school hoildays nice pub on the end of the campsite the saw mill and i mean you walk of the site an in to it beer garden :lol:
take it easy drive a bongo
DILLIGAF
Bongolier

Post by DILLIGAF » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:05 pm

thanks for the info guy's, we will have to go there next time, the wife in her infinite wisdom booked us into ladysmile at Dawlish, the site was clean, the pool was clean there was the obligatory "cash hungry" amusement arcade, the staff on the whole were polite and helpful but I think it's the recruiting ground for the "Jeremy kyle show". We were given a long list of STRICT rules when we arrived which we thought looked reasonable, quiet after 10pm and absolutely no noise will be allowed after 12 midnight, fair enough, on the first night it sounded like world war three had broken out and this carried on till gone 2am, then the drunks made their way back to their own tent's / caravans/campers with the usual colourful language, then at 5.30 the hardworking and enthusiastic workers in a very noisy pick up that had doors that refused to shut unless they were slammed at least twice, came and chatted happily while they decided whether or not to empty the bins, ( I have to guess that's what they were talking about as I'm not fluent in polish). We were told on commenting about the noise, oh yes, there was a party last night and they were asked to keep the noise down! ( what happened to " no noise after midnight"?) the second night we had the LOUD drunks calling out to each other, and their lovely offspring twanging the guy ropes on our tent and banging on the side of the camper next to us then running off.( this ended at about 2am) just in time for the jolly workers to arrive. The couple in the camper next to us did say that they had stayed there last year and it was not like that then, so maybe we were just unlucky. :evil:
cabte
Supreme Being

Post by cabte » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:06 am

Trevedra Farm at Sennen.

lots of kids here and they will make friends very easy
Gasy
Supreme Being

Post by Gasy » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:12 am

morning all
were 7 days in to our holiday at woodlands 9 togos
bongo towed the shed no probs
spent mmost of journey looking at me new engine temp sender usually satr at 85 - 95
must rwmember to look at road
also must remember lane 3 with a caravan earns you 3 points wernt even speeding
will try to post pics

Return to “Campsites”