connecting a LB relay

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

derita
Junior Bongonaut

connecting a LB relay

Post by derita » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:50 pm

I have a LB which is activated via a simple switching relay.It is activated by a feed from the positive of the SB.
However I have found the connection broken and want to reconnect via the ignition switch.Any one help with which fuse may be used for such a connection.There is a main 15a fus on the ignition circuit which could be piggy backed to??
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: connecting a LB relay

Post by g8dhe » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:58 pm

You need to pickup the IG2 circuit from the Ignition switch;

The best fuse is probably;
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
derita
Junior Bongonaut

Post by derita » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:00 am

many thanks for the speedy reply.
I still find the wiring diagrams a bit of spagetti nest.

I suppose I need a piggy back fuse or something or may be connect from rear unless it need a seperate fuse?

Derrick
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:21 pm

No need for an extra fuse just connect to the lower connector on the fuse - Green wire, your then fused via the 10 Amp fuse itself.
Geoff
Image Spherical Visions
sdsk
Bongolier

Post by sdsk » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:12 pm

derita wrote:I have a LB which is activated via a simple switching relay.It is activated by a feed from the positive of the SB.
However I have found the connection broken and want to reconnect via the ignition switch.Any one help with which fuse may be used for such a connection.There is a main 15a fus on the ignition circuit which could be piggy backed to??
Could this be a Voltage Sensing Relay?

They only switch when the alternator is charging the starter battery over a certain voltage.
ImageImage
2001 Aero 2.0l JAL Skylift roof & K2 Campers Intrepid Rear conversion in Carbon Fibre
derita
Junior Bongonaut

Post by derita » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:32 am

many thanks

I wonder if you could help re connecting the LB via a mains AC/DC 12v converter when the vehicle is on 240 v power supply
I have set it up so that when connected to a 240 v supply it disconnects the LB so that the 12v supply via the converter does not try to charge the LB.
This is because the converter is only 12v un regulated as far as I can see.

Any thoughts

Derrick
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:45 pm

If you check the voltage of the power supply without any load then provided it is between 13.6 and 14.4 volts then it will be fine to charge the battery on a float basis for 24 hours or so, if your going to be charging longer than this then 14 volts is more than sufficient. Make sure the power supply can provide the current required for both charging and other loads fridges lights etc. you will need a supply in the order of 8-16 Amps.
Geoff
Image Spherical Visions
derita
Junior Bongonaut

Post by derita » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:03 pm

Thanks geoff

I have decided safer option is to fit a relay to disconnect the power supply when mains connected./Will see how it works out.

Thanks again

Derrick

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”